An inspirational figure in the marketing industry, Sadira Furlow started her professional journey as a student intern at IBM in 1998.
Later, she joined as an account supervisor handling strategic brand initiatives (promotional & advertising) across Miller portfolio – Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite and Miller Chill at Commonground Marketing.
Later, as an account director at Commonground, she was instrumental in n securing 6 Sprite African American equity retail programs worth $3+ million.
In 2009, Sadira pitched and won assignment to launch new product Sprite Green. She co-developed marketing plan with Sr Brand Manager and launched Sprite Green via unique African American influencer strategy with a $4M+ integrated marketing budget (non-paid media) for two markets (Chicago, NYC).
2009 New Product of the Year (Sparkling Beverage), 244+ events, 266K samples, 500+M impressions.
Later, she was made the Senior director of Business development at Commonground Marketing.
Key activities include:
- Instrumental in Commonground winning AdAge’s 2012 Small Agency of the Year (11-70 employees)
- Established and implemented first formal new business process within 9 year history of agency, driving efficiency and effective collaboration
- Led the development of strategy, prospect proposals, credentials, chemistry checks, multi-staged RFI and RFP responses for an agency high of 27 opportunities across diverse categories/industries – QSR, CPG, Retail, Airline, Auto – resulting in several key high profile wins
- Oversaw Commonground corporate brand identity revamp, including brand collateral (logo, website, print, digital content and social media), strategic positioning, proprietary tools & models and agency credentials
Serving as the VP and Managing Director of Commonground Marketing till 2015, Sadira joined as Director of Brand Marketing of Mountain Dew at Pepsico in June 2015.
- Here she oversaw all consumer communications for Mountain Dew portfolio including Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew Kickstart, Mountain Dew permanent flavors, product innovations.
- This included integrated marketing campaigns, digital, social, emerging platforms, Mtn Dew Green Label content platform, Mtn Dew Multi Channel Network, content partnerships, property and sponsorship marketing – NBA, NASCAR, action sports.
After working for 5 years and 5 months with Pepsico, where she was VP of marketing handling brand portfolio of world famous names like Lay’s, Ruffles, Fritos, Funyuns and many more.
As you can see, from an intern at IBM, it took time, effort and noticeable achievements for her to become VP of marketing at Pepsico.
We urge you to focus on building career like that of Sadira Furlow.
Also, consider following her on LinkedIn and Twitter to get insights on her actions and insights on brand success.